Last week Sophia and I were able to go and spend the week at my parent's house! My Mom had a bunch of PTO that she had to use, so she took a week and a half off and invited us up. It was so much fun, and so good to see my family and spend time with them! Here's just a bunch of pictures that we took while we were there:

My dad and Sophia - he was showing her Rusty, the chocolate lab they have.
We got Sophia's hair into a little pony tail! It was so cute! However...
Sophia wasn't a fan.

I think her poor little head is still a little too sensitive for pony tails, but at least I know it's long enough to do one! :)

Just playing with Grandma

Hee hee, and Grandma playing with her. :)

Lately Sophia has just loved to watch TV - she's starting to prefer cartoons more, but anything that's colorful and has a lot of movement get's her attention pretty fast. My mom was watching a movie and I found Sophia like this. :)

Mom and Sophia watching TV

One morning, I was off getting ready for the day while my parents were playing with Sophia, and I came in to find that they had built a "pillow fort" so that she could sit up without any help. She loved it!

Grandpa and Sophia just chillaxin.
Anyway, that's just a few of the pictures we took, but it was way fun! We also got to see my aunt who's black lab had just given birth to 10 puppies!!! So if you know anyone who wants a black or yellow lab, she's got plenty that will need homes in about 5 or 6 more weeks. :)
Lastly for this post, after we got home from my parent's house we decided that it was time for Sophia to start sleeping in her own room. She normally sleeps a minimum of 6 hours at a time, and usually closer to 8 hours at night, and goes down pretty easy most nights, so I had to suck it up and let her sleep by herself. She did great the first two nights! Here's a picture of her on her first night:

Yeah, don't mind all of the blankets piled around her - she can do a full 360 in her crib when she kicks those little legs, and since I never bought a crib set with a bumper I improvised for a couple of nights before giving in and getting the bumper. It's way cute but I don't have any pictures. Oh well. :) Anyway, so Sophia has done great sleeping on her own - even though the last night or two has been harder and she's woken up a lot more, she still does good most of the time. :)
As for me and Jon, same old same old. He's still studying for the PCAT - he's planning on taking the test in June probably - and I'm still doing my homework for Medical Transcripting to be done someday soon I hope. :)
Well that's all for this post. Don't forget to leave a comment! :)
1 comment:
So cute. Sophia is growing so much. Love her ponytail, Ky couldn't even have pigtails til she was older.
Post a Comment