Monday, February 8, 2010

Sophia's Blessing!

Yesterday my sweet little angel was blessed! It was so nice to have a lot of our friends and family come to see her on her special day! I know a lot of people weren't able to make it, so I'm posting pictures of her day here! :) And if I forgot to get information about the blessing to anyone then I'm very sorry - we did it electronically because printing was just too expensive right now and I realize that some people may not have received it. Anyway, here are the pictures! :)

For her blessing she wore the same dress that I was blessed in. It's also the dress I was supposed to wear when my family was sealed in the temple, but the temple workers switched mine and my sisters dresses so Julie ended up wearing it. :) It was still in great shape and she looked very pretty in it! We also had a blessing blanket and bracelet we got from one of Jon's cousins, and some cute blessing slippers that a friend in our ward made for us! I just had to take pictures of all of her cute apparel. :)

All of her gear
Aren't those just so cute!?

Her cute bracelet

Her blanket

Her dress and the headband my sister in law let me borrow (thanks Laura!)

Just a closeup of the flower on her dress - you can tell the dress is a little older from the lace and stuff, but I still like it. :)

Her cute slippers and bracelet

This is the princess getting her beauty sleep before her big day.
I just love this girl!

This is Sophia's boyfriend Cayson. :) My friend Jonny and his wife Jalynn were able to come to the blessing and brought their adorable son with them. He's just over a month older than Sophia. :)

For some reason I don't have any pictures of just me, Jon and Sophia, but we did get some all around family pictures! Here's "The Kids". Julie, Sophia and me in the back, then in the front from left to right is Brian, Phillip (Julie's husband), Jon and Jeffrey

The whole crew! (My mom and dad didn't want to sit upside down with me and Julie, I don't know why) ;)

Ah my brothers - I sure do love those guys! :)

Julie playing with Sophia (such a proud aunt!)

Baby Brother Brian is all grown up. :)
Sophia's cute little feet! I love her toes, and she was crossing her legs so nicely I just had to take a picture! :)

Sophia on her blessing blanket

I know I know, again with the toes. :)

Her cute little slippers! Couldn't you just die? I love them!

Little hands showing off her cute bracelet

Another one of her shoes

Sophia on her blankie that her Great Grandma Nielsen made for her.

Ha ha, she can't always look like an angel though, sometimes she just has to be herself

She's a champ!

And again, I just can't get enough of her cute toes and shoes! I'm going to hang these in her room. :)
It was way fun and I'm so grateful for Jon and for Sophia and for all of our family and friends who are always there for us. I'm especially grateful to my inlaws for letting us have the luncheon there - it was perfect!
And just an update on what's going on with us - We're still looking for a home for our cat, but Ricky went to his new home right after the blessing and is adjusting well to his new family and Molly is still doing great with my aunt and uncle in Idaho. and I'm still working on my class while Jon is studying for the PCAT that he'll take later this year. As for Sophia, she is just getting bigger and cuter every day! She usually doesn't like to go to bed for good until anywhere from 1:30AM-2:30AM, but once she's asleep she'll sleep for 6-7 hours at a time on average! That has been fantastic! She has also been smiling a ton and has started cooing and jabbering a lot more, especially in the morning after she eats. :)
Anyway, that's us right now! Hope you enjoy the pictures! And don't forget to leave a comment! :)

4 comments:

Jess M said...

What a sweet adorable lil angel. What is it with baby's feet that they are so cute.

Jen and Brady Johnson said...

Oh those pics were so stinkin cute! Thanks for posting them! :oD

Suzanne said...

GREAT pictures!! Thank you so much for posting these. You're right, those are the cutest toes ever. :)

Jen said...

ooh! She's adorable! I need to play with her some more...you need to come over!