So Jon and I had a plan. It was a good plan, it was a seemingly solid plan, it was a plan that slowly started to fall apart before our eyes. It was a plan that would let me stay home with Baby Girl after she came, a plan that included Pharmacy School, and a plan that involved selling our house and (possibly) living with the inlaws for a few months until Jon started school.
Well, plans don't always work out. Our plan sort of fell apart, one piece at a time. But after much praying, stressing out, a couple of tears from the hormonal one here, and fasting (well, Jon fasted, I gave up chocolate for a few days) a new plan in is place that may allow us to do all of the important things! Jon is still applying to Pharmacy school, but he's going to be retaking the PCAT in January (I think, if not then in June), and in the interim we'll be applying for all of the schools that don't require the PCAT. In addition, we may or may not be selling our house, that decision is still up in the air, but we might, however we won't have to mooch off of the inlaws, we'll be able to afford an appartment or possibly another house if we do move. And the best best BEST part, is that we think that our plan will let me stay home with Baby Girl!
So what is this magnificant plan you ask? Well, I have a friend from high school who does Medical Transcripting. I've been trying to look into that but haven't been able to find a lot of clear details on how to get into it, just that you needed schooling and training. Luckily this friend gave me everything I needed to know, and I just enrolled at CareerStep.com to take their Medical Transcription course! I was previously looking at Medical Billing or Claims, but I wasn't as comfortable with the school information and the overall information of the job, but as soon as Laura told me about how her job works and where she did her schooling and how she likes it now, I was sold! Jon and I both feel really good about this, now the only hard part is getting into "school" mode again so I can do good and get a good job afterwords! It's about a 4 month course online, though since Baby Girl is coming in December it might take closer to 5 for me, but luckily there are free extensions for up to a year for me to complete the course if I need them. Jon and I are both so happy that we found this opportunity and can't wait to see if it will help make our plan happen! :) (Now everyone just keep praying that our plan works! Oh, and that I don't get Swine Flu, because there's a possible outbreak at my work - eek!)
What I Wore This Week - April 6-10
4 months ago





7 comments:
siiigh nothing is as frustrating as watching your perfectly engineer "plan" go awry! I'm super excited for your new plan though - Good luck!!
I'm glad you are getting it all figured out. And just for the record, you are one funny girl!
I am super excited for you!!! Medical transcription is the best of both worlds: good money and stayin' HOME!
Thats great! I'm sure it'll work out perfectly.
good luck!!
Great plan, best wishes. I have thought about doing the Med Trans, too, for quite a while actually, and yet I'm still not doing it. Did you get the H1N1 vaccine? I have heard mixed feelings about it while preggers. I can't wait for the arrival and pics of the very adorable Baby Girl! When I was first handed Ky after she was born, she was all bundled up and I could only see her face, she looked so much like her dad, that I was wondering if she really was a girl, lol, good thing she is so cute and looks nothing like a boy. Have you had the 3D ultrasound?
Yeah for you!!! It is definitely worth being able to stay home with your kids - in my opinion!
Hey and if you still need an extra income each month you could always sign up with me & do lia sophia!! I know a lot of people get scared off and think they couldn't do it, but it is so easy! Trust me if I can do it anyone can!
And it's SOOO awesome to be able to stay home with kids, play volleyball every week, do my church callings and activities, be home to take Malia to dance and preschool, etc. I am seriously loving it and it's been so nice to have extra $$ too! I have been making about $400-$500 each month and only doing one or two parties a week...for just 2 hours each. And you don't have to make a quota or ask for vacation time or anything - and it can be FREE to sign up!! you make your own hours and work as little or as much as you want...it's awesome!! And seriously, who doesn't love jewelry?? It's great!
You could do both too and just have this on the side for a little extra something if you ever need it! Anyway, something to think about!!
Post a Comment