Monday, May 31, 2010

Mother's Day

Okay so now I'm finally catching up! Here we go! :)

Mother's day was great! Jon was so sweet to me the whole day, even making me breakfast! I was even able to talk in church, which I actually really enjoyed! (We had "seasoned" mother, a new mother, and someone just about to get married talk and it turned out really good, even though we gave the councelor a hard time about it!) :) Jon had given me my presents early after I had a really bad day, which was a Diet Coke (Yum!), Caramello (Also Yum!), and Superman and Iron Man t-shirts! Unfortunately the Iron Man t-shirt was too big, and when we went to exchange it they didn't have my size, so we got The Flash instead, which turned out good because it looks better on me. :) (I know, I have simple nerdy tastes, but I'm fine with that!) :)

As we were getting ready for church there was a little knock on our door. Me being in a bathrobe with only half of my hair straight sent Jon to go answer it. It was our little neighbor Zander! He had come over to give me a Mother's Day card, how cute is that? (He's 5 years old with adorable little freckles and a mop of red hair - so cute!) So I now present to you - my first Mother's Day card!

Zander's mom later told me that he had spent all morning making these! He got a bigger card and very carefully folded it and tore it into about 16 little even squares, then he colored each one (but only had pencil because he didn't want to ask his mom for the crayons because it would ruin the surprise!), then he picked out who he wanted to give them to and gave them out to some of the people in our ward! (Most of them were in our circle actually, but that's alright!) I just thought it was so cute, and for him to do this all on his own was very sweet!
That night we had a big dinner at David and Rosanna's house which was so much fun! For some reason I can't find those pictures though, so once I find them I'll post them up. :)
On Monday it was time to celebrate with my Mom! Julie, Mom and I met up in Clearfield at my Grandma's house and then went out to dinner. We went to this pizza place that was SOOOO good! Julie is great at picking out yummy places to eat, and this one definitely didn't disappoint! After we ate we went and looked at the outside of Julie's new house (she hadn't closed on it yet and we didn't want to call and wait for someone to bring us the keys, so we stalked around the outside). It's way cute!
Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from that Monday:
Sophia playing while I pack up the diaper bag and Mom's present before heading to Clearfield. She's really excited to see Grandma! :)
She really likes her Bumbo chair and her basketball (Jon is very proud of the latter)

Playing with aunt Julie before going to eat!

This is at the restaraunt - my Mom decided to give Sophia a taste of lemon. Yeah, she didn't really like it...mean Grandma! ;)

Playing with Great Grandma Nielsen after dinner!
Great Grandpa Nielsen was fun to play with too!
I think this is one of my favorite pictures of my Grandpa. :)

All in all it was a great Mother's Day. I love my little girl so much, and even though Heavenly Father made us wait 3 years to get her and I was a little bitter about it in the past, I'm definitely happy that she's here now and so greatfull for the chance I have to be this little angel's mommy. I will say that she was definitely worth the wait! :)

No comments: