So I don't know if I'm just being overly paranoid or if this is normal, but ever since having Sophia I am terrified of practically everything! Like this earthquake today that some people felt and people like me did not - that scares the crap out of me! But at the same time about 2 years ago I was training a class and I got all funny feeling like my knees were giving out on me and one of my students asked if anyone else had felt the floor move, and I realized that was an earthquake. Did I panic and get all scared about that? NO! I was so excited to have felt my first earthquake I called a bunch of people and was giddy like a kid! Now though, when I didn't even feel it, I was so scared to put Sophia in bed because if something happened then I would have to go down the stairs to get her. (sigh) So yeah I don't know if it's because I'm a mom now or if it's because of all of the really big devastating earthquakes over the last year that has me so spooked, but I'm hoping I can sleep tonight!
And on another terrified note, I've been nervous before when Jon goes fishing at night by himself, or during the day as well. Once he went fishing for over 17 hours when I thought he would be home in the after noon (rolled in around 11:30 at night) and I was actually ready to go looking for him because I hadn't heard from him yet. But that's the only time I've panicked. Now, every time he goes and I'm not with him, whether he has a buddy there or not, I keep going through all of the worst case scenarios and am a nervous wreck until he's home.
Then of course there's those times when I'm loading groceries into my car with Sophia in the cart (in her carseat) and I'm terrified that as soon as I turn my back to put something in the car someone will come and snatch her up. I actually will position the cart so I don't have to take my eyes off of her.
It just seems like everything is so much scarier than before! Is this normal? Is it just because I had a baby? Or perhaps I'm going crazy? Anyway, I guess I know why Mom's are always so overprotective now...hopefully I can keep it in check once Sophia's old enough to care. :)
"Seriously Mom, chill out!"





7 comments:
Oh I just LOVE that picture!! She's getting so big! I love the expression on her face! And Yes being paranoid comes with the territory. I was laying in bed one night shortly after the Hati and Chile earthquakes and strategizing what I'd do to try and keep the babies safe if the roof collapsed in an earthquake during the night and what would be the best way to get cole out of the basement and how to get in touch with Brady to let him know we were still alive if he's at work when it happens. Kept me up half of the night worrying. There's a nice dormant fault line running right above Clarkston. Just wondering if it's only a matter of time...
lol! She looks so cute in that little outfit too! I love it!
Blame it on the hormones from being pregnant and having a baby. I am so paranoid anymore. I sometimes lie awake at night because of weird sounds in my house. WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!
Haha, I don't have kids but the earthquake definitely has left me paranoid! I know that if there's a big one, this house of mine will collapse in a heartbeat. Your little girl is adorable, by the way!
Welcome to parenthood. Just wait till you are a grandparent, the worrying just gets worse for some. I don't think I worried quite that much, but then again I have pretty much always been laid back. Although I would worry about Ky in shopping carts, so I would put her in the car fisrt before loading groceries and take her in the house before unloading anything. I don't like any natural disasters, although the one hurricane I was in (Isabell) wasn't as bad a North Eastener storm.
CUTE picture!! And yes, that's definitely part of being a mom, at least a good one. If you didn't worry more now that you have the little one to keep safe, I'd be worried. ;) It's much easier to be carefree when it's only yourself and other adults who will suffer, but the thought of something happening to these sweet little babies who depend on you for everything...definitely an entire new feeling!
Hey i can't believe how big she getting. We do need to get together for bbq.
Post a Comment