Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain

So here I am sulking a bit because Jon and I are working different shifts. It sucks. Do I like working morning shifts? Heck yes! But do I like the fact that when I leave in the morning Jon is still asleep and when he comes home at night I'm asleep? No. Do I like that I only see him for 15-20 minutes a day as I'm finishing and he's beginning work? No. But, as is life, as I was sulking about this I decided to log onto my facebook account and see how my friends were doing. It got me laughing at some funny pictures and smiling at some of the comments made, until I saw one of my friends from high school with a lot of comments saying, "I'm so sorry for your loss, we have you in our prayers". So I start to wonder, what is this loss? Well, I looked at her brothers page, and there's nothing there. I go to her sisters page, and she has a message stating that their dad had died yesterday. Having been friends with this family for a while, even dating said brother for a short time, and having lived just around the corner from them in the same ward, I immediately started crying. I also immediately felt very foolish for feeling bad about myself because I don't see my husband as much as I used to. It's funny how when we stress about contrite things like that you are almost always put in your place in one way or another. Anyway, I don't think that anyone from their family reads my blogs, but if someone does please include the Pack family in your prayers. Brother Pack was a great teacher, beautiful violinist and singer, great musician all around, and genuinly a nice guy, and his family shows what a great man he was. Please please please include them in your prayers.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

First of all, I TOTALLY forgot you had a blog. Thanks for the reminder. :) I'm excited to follow it now and see what is happening with you guys!

That is so sad about the Pack family, and we will keep them in our prayers.

Margaret Nielsen said...

Jon & Mindy, this is absolutely wonderful. I love the slide show, the comments, the video, and the individual photos and comments. Keep up the good work.

Mindy, your Mom told me about the Pack family's loss. We'll keep them in our prayers, also.

Heather said...

We always need to remember how blessed we are and be thankful for our family and friends. Other than that sad news, how is life for you?