Don't you just love summer? The vacations, the freedom, the swimming, the sunshine, and best of all - no school for Jon! Okay so *technically* speaking, he was still in school, but it was rotations so it was really like more of a 9-5 job than school. So basically, since having Blake I have had my husband here to help me. And since we were in Utah all summer, if Jon wasn't around then there were family members everywhere to help me out too! I fear I became a bit of a lazy mother, but since I will never get to be a lazy mother again with these two kids, I figured it's alright.
This morning I had to send Jon back to school. It wasn't a big procession - I just hung his lunch on the doorknob to the garage and, since I was wrestling kids, we just called out "Bye! Love you, have a fun day!" and that was that. But now I'm realizing that it's kind of lonely here without him. I love hanging out with Sophie (especially when she makes me imaginary cupcakes every 5 minutes and watches while I eat said imaginary cupcakes, and then turns around and rubs milk into her hair - ah fun) and Blake is just as cute as ever, but we definitely feel it when Jon is away. Anyway, enough of the sappy stuff.
I still can't believe that Jon has already gone through over a year of school, and that there is LESS THAN 2 YEARS LEFT!!! Holy smokes! And it has just flown by! Seriously, I was looking at the curriculum for PharmD, and he has the fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters left of classroom study, then he has next fall, winter and spring for advanced rotations. AND THEN HE'S DONE!!! (Do you like my overuse of caps? I'm a little excited!) It's just so freaking close already! Then hopefully he can find a nice job here for a few years, we'll pay off a buttload of our student loans, and eventually return to my beautiful mountains in Utah. (Sigh) It's all so close now...so long as there's no more surprise pregnancies (love you, Blake) then I think we can definitely survive!
What I Wore This Week - April 6-10
6 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment