Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slacker!

Yeah, I was just about to start a new post and realized that I have three others that I started - 2 rambling ones and 1 with nothing because I wanted to put a lot of pictures on it - that are all several months old now. Yeah...I'm awesome like that. O_o

Anyway, here's an update on us. Still not many pictures, because I just don't remember to take them, and life has been busy busy busy lately, so even if I had them I wouldn't want to upload them because of the sheer time it takes. (Yes, I know, another boring post, but you're not reading anyway, right?) ;)

House Situation: So we are STILL waiting to close on our house. It's a HUD home, and I'm just realizing now that I have no idea if I've mentioned it in any previous posts....oh well, I'm going to continue as if I have and if not, I'm sorry. :) We've sent everything in, had the appraisal and inspection done, and have been on almost daily phone calls with the realtor (her name is Kim Kohlhase and she is FANTASTIC if you're moving to the Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria/surrounding areas, just google her name!), our mortgage guy Jim, and various other peoples involved in buying out house (utilities people, home insurance people, etc.) and can I just say that my headache has been ongoing for about a month now. Whoever said that buying a house is "fun" has clearly never bought a HUD home and has never had to buy a house in another state that you've never seen in person but you have a million pictures of because your realtor is awesome. It's pretty stressful. Of course if you ask Jon he says it hasn't been stressful at all, but that's because I've been doing everything. Okay okay, not everything, but almost. I mean, I had to walk out on a visit with my aunt and her darling baby boy so I could talk to the insurance guy about setting up home owners insurance, and I don't get to see them often! (Deep breath followed by long sigh) It's okay though, it will be worth it when we have thousands of dollars less in our student loans over the next three years than we would have had we rented or bought a more expensive house. Plus, this house has a lot of potential. It's little, only about 1588 sq ft (compared to our last house which was just under 2200) but it's cute, and once we slap on some new paint and get some sort of flooring in some of the rooms it will be really sweet. Also, there's a pool, and once it's replastered (apparently a pool's plaster will start to disintegrate without water in it - good to know...) it will be my haven during those excruciatingly hot summer months.

When we move down there I may also start teaching piano lessons. I'm still lulling the idea over in my head, but I think it's something that I would enjoy. My fear though is that I won't be able to be that girl that just hides out in her house, content to be shy and lonely for 3 years - I'll have to meet people, which is almost paralyzingly scarly for me to do. It seems to be getting worse the older I get too. Don't get me wrong, if someone comes up and talks to me, or if it's over text, email, or other electronic whatever, then I'm fine and I'll talk to them for hours - but if I have to initiate a conversation or call someone I freeze up and have all sorts of anxiety. I think my brain has issues. But, I may just have to get over it because I really do think I'd enjoy it. We'll see, I need to do some more research before I decide.

Okay, now that I've gone off on a tangent, I'll try to get back on track. Another common question is "When do you guys actually move?" Answer: Not sure. Yep, can I just tell you how fun THAT is to schedule? :-\ It all depends on when we close on the house. We were hoping to close on May 27, but both my realtor and mortgage guy are not hopeful on that, so they're thinking on either May 31, June 1 or 2. Problem is that Jon's orientation is June 1 and 2. Sooooooooo, we may have to drive down there for school (and possibly closing) and then I would have to come back up to Utah and drive all of our crap down there after. Which would not be fun. Just saying. But, I shouldn't get too stressed out over it until we know what's going on. That's the great thing about HUD - they like to take their sweet time doing everything. But even once we get our stuff moved down there, we may just have to store it in the garage and stay in a hotel until the fixes on the house are made. Don't get me wrong, I really do love HUD homes for the sheer face that they are so cheap and you can really make them your own, but someday I would like to buy something that we don't have to fix. Yeah, that would be nice. :)

Other than that, nothing is really going on here. Just trying to spend as much time with family and friends as I can before the move. I'm so excited I can barely breath sometimes, and I just can't wait to start on this new leg of our life! :)

No comments: