Friday, June 25, 2010

Running + Mindy = Marathon?

Yep, I've decided that I want to run the half (yes, just half) marathon in SLC next April! I was talking to my aunt in Boise the other day and she mentioned that a lot of people from her neighborhood are going to do it and that she was going to come down and she invited me to come too! (yes, that's a big time run-on sentence but I'm too lazy to fix it, just point out that I am aware of it.) :) But yes, I am going to start training right away for it. I've always wanted to run a marathon or 5K or something, but the problem is that I hear about them and there's not nearly enough time for me to train for it, and with my asthma I get all scared and just don't do it. But with this one I have almost a year to train! It will still be super hard for me, but I really really want to do this and I really want to still be alive and breathing at the end. So it's about 13 miles (yikes!) which is way more than I've ever ran before. Heck, I don't know if I've ever walked 13 miles before! Either way, I'm totally stoked and can't wait to really start running!

Soon I will go from the first picture (above) to this picture!


3 comments:

Jen J. said...

You can definitely do it! I ran two half-marathons. If I can do it, I know you can and I didn't even have a year to prepare. My husband has run the SLC half a few times. It's a pretty good run. Good luck!

Candice said...

I second the above! You can do it, Mindy! I ran one several years ago. It was hard because I didn't have a lot of time to train for it, but it was awesome and I'll never regret it. :)

Heather said...

that is so great, way to go! you can totally do it! if you ever want a running partner, please call me. it would be fun to get together sometime, maybe on a saturday morning or something?