Sunday, December 4, 2011

3 Months???

It's really been 4 months since my last post??? (Ha ha, I'll bet some of you got all excited for nothing!) I was just reading a friends blog and saw a link to mine that said "Last Post: 4 months ago" (Note: I did the math, and blogger was wrong, it's only been 3 months!)

.....Yeah I should probably do better with this. :) So life lately....has been great! Jon's doing well in school, getting A's and B's. I can't believe he's already gone through 2 quarters (and it's still weird getting used to the quarter system instead of semesters...Ah the joys of accelerated programs!) This means that we are 1/4 of the way through the academic portion, and 1/6 of the way through all of it! Translation: 1/2 a year down and 2 1/2 to go! It's gone by a LOT faster than I thought! But it's good.

Pretty much our schedules consist of Jon going to school, all freaking day, coming home to study, and then going to sleep. Meanwhile, Sophie and I find stuff to do. Usually it consists of playing with every toy she owns for 5 seconds each, and then watching me clean them up, and somehow finding time to eat and sleep in between. This week we got to celebrate her 2nd birthday! Holy cow I have a 2 year old. This has been my mantra all week. Catchy, eh? Yeah. But it was a good week, other than being dumb and planning her 2 year well-check visit on her actual birthday (yikes!) Shots on birthdays are never fun, in case you were wondering. Luckily, I had the foresight to plan her party for Friday, 2 days after her birthday, because had it been the same day it would have been a complete disaster. DISASTER, I tell you. As it was, however, it was good. She had some friends come over, got some AMAZING gifts (seriously, they were all perfect!) and got to stuff her face with pink and purple cake. It was some good times! As soon as I upload the photos, I'll put them on here. :)

The other exciting thing in our life has just been getting ready for Christmas. I've had so much fun Christmas shopping so far, probably because most of it has been online. Ah, Internet, how I love you. :) Since we're going to Utah for Christmas I want to make sure that we have ALL of the shopping done before we have to leave so I can focus purely on packing. I'm not too excited about the 10+ hour drive, especially since Jon will be studying in the car while I'M driving (it's in the middle of the quarter - boo.) but I will do it just for the fact that I miss my family and friends and mountains so stinking much! Really, I love it here and am very happy here, but I miss family. And friends. And real mountains. (Sigh) Only 3 more weeks!

Anyway, since I am super tired and have to get up early for church tomorrow and teach 12-13 year old kids (which I actually really enjoy! If it were Primary aged kids....well I have a hard time being trapped in a room with lots of children...thus I'm not an elementary school teacher like I once thought I wanted to be....yay for anxiety!) ....wow long tangent. Anyway, I'm going to bed. However I will try to post something wonderful and exciting next time and will try to make it sooner than 3 or 4 months. O_o I might have to make something up, but I'll try to make it sound good. Until next time faithful follower! (...followers? I doubt anyone knows this blog exists anymore!)

4 comments:

jhjonze said...

I follow. I know you exist. I appreciate the update!

Chatzy said...

Sooo glad you updated! Although, I can generally tell how you are doing by your updates on facebook I am very glad you updated and I can listen to you ramble on. It makes me realize that you are still you and I just love your guts! Keep updating!

Jen said...

Hey I haven't updated my blog in like 2 years so you are doing great!!
Jen :)

Brianna said...

I know your blog exists! Here's to being 1/6 the way done. And I'm sorry you have to drive. We are driving to Idaho which will be 15 hours and I am NOT driving. Tell John not to give Paul any ideas. I plan on singing songs with baby in the back seat and napping when she does.