So, I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I've never been able to keep to them, and I don't think that anyone else really does either. Even when I decided that I was going to go a year without a boyfriend and just date around, Jon had to come around and ruin that one! (Okay, I don't mind that I didn't keep that resolution!) But the whole idea of a New Year's Resolution just always makes me cringe because I know that I'll be all gung-ho about it in the beginning and then I'll slowly just forget about it. Even so, I'm trying, yet again, to make a resolution that I can stick to.
I was going through some older pictures last night, and found some from when I met Jon. Let's just say that I was a lot thinner then. The worst part is, in some of them I was in my old bikini and I looked good. Like, really good. Then I looked in the mirror and realized that 30 pounds later, I didn't look that good anymore. The bigger problem, is that most of this weight gain has occurred in the last 6 - 9 months.Now this isn't a post so that people can leave comments saying, "Whatever you look great!" or "You don't need to lose weight!" (and p.s. Laura, you're not allowed to compare our weights because you're pregnant *wink*) because that's relative to the person looking. For me, I'm not happy with my body right now, and that's really the only opinion that matters. I really have no excuse for these extra pounds - I don't have any kids, I'm not so busy that I don't have time to work out, I really have no excuse. So, this year my "resolution" or just my goal is to lose the weight that I've gained since being married, and to look hot in my bathing suit again.
So yeah, I'm mostly just ranting and complaining in this blog, I know, but I thought that maybe if I put it in writing, then I would follow through. I may even post the picture that got me all fired up about this, just so when I look at my blog I can remember my goal. We'll see though. Anyway, if anyone would like to lose weight with me then let me know and we'll do it! :)
What I Wore This Week - April 6-10
4 months ago





5 comments:
lol. you make me laugh. I love being mentioned by name in your blogs! haha. ;)
You should just do monthly goals instead of a yearly goal, that way if you mess up, you get to start over the next month! :) ... that's what I was thinking for myself at least. lol. good luck! In a couple weeks I'll want to loose weight too, so maybe we can work together! ;)
way to go mindy! you can totally stick to your goal! don't forget that you are beautiful!
You know, I don't think I've ever looked good in a bikini... So you're one step ahead of me already! I like Laura's idea, shorter goals are easier to keep and easier not to get discouraged. I think goals are good, but I'm with you on the stupid "resolution" things. :)
P.S. When should we hang out?
So once we get into our house I will probably be a lot closer to you guys...and I could totally use a 'losing weight' companion. It's always so much easier to have someone to do it with than to do it on your own. Whaddya say? I have 2 kids worth of weight to lose...and I just need to get in shape so I'm not out of breath walking up the stairs.
That's a good idea Laura, I'll have to focus on that! Yeah, maybe after you plop out your baby we can work out together! ;)
Sharece, you were always cute no matter what you wore, but you definitely looked good in a bikini, so don't give me that! :)
Jen, we'll for sure have to - where is the house you're buying at? Oh, and you should make me some more blog backgrounds! ;)
Thanks for the comments girlies!
Post a Comment